View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 09:37 AM   #7
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotpron View Post
I know it’s not ideal but you could rail mount the 3n1, install that berley pro cover for it or even mount it on the rear handle. See how you like the transducer And if it’s worth it. Then you could Upgrade to a used 2019. Don’t think you’ll take the hit your expecting. I’ve got a PA on order. Figured might as well utilize the guardian while I’m at it. My brain believes the more money I spend the more fish I’ll catch. Times usually the thing that’s limited and trying to make the most out of it on the water. Not sure if you were aware of some of these mountings so I searched for some pictures.

here’s the ram mounted option for the total scan. Then you could have 2 transducer at your disposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would discourage you from mounting on the rear handle. Its a bad idea for many reasons. First of all, you will have turbulence and bubbles from your rudder and drive. This will adversely affect your imaging as you are moving. Also, on days with swell, your transducer will be lifting out of the water periodically as you pass over the crest of waves.

The "over the side" boom arm for the transducer would be 100x better in my opinion.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote