View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 04:30 PM   #19
EricM
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc08066 View Post
Eric,
This is probably not a popular choice but I would probably sell her and buy a different yak that more condusive to a fishing layout before you start cutting her up. Your yak is a good option for hooping at night because it has alot of wide open spaces. Once you make a couple of trips to La Jolla you will start thinking about a better suited kayak for this area. You may want to consider taking a kayak surf class to avoid alot of lost gear. Sorry just my 2 cents.

Jimmy
Hey Jimmy,

The thought has crossed my mind of selling this yak before, but I don't have any where near the money necessary to buy a new yak. I got this kayak for a steal; $100 which was perfect for my small wallet! I agree its layout is not well suited for fishing from, but it is very stable and wide so its comfortable and safe to fish from, besides just being cheap. If I got rid of it, I'd still be very far away from the full amount of what it takes to purchase a new yak...

I know there are better suited options out there, but none that are realistically available for me....

Also, I have launched kayaks out of La Jolla before. I got interested in kayak fishing after I myself was paddling rented yaks out and I saw the "fleet," out there catching fish. I am not worried about surf launches/ landings, just the changing conditions in La Jolla....

Thanks

Eric
EricM is offline   Reply With Quote