View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #11
pchen911

Hi Billy,

Speed - Yea, I think the mirage drive is such a large factor in speed that the effect of hull shape gets far overshadowed.

No doubt the paddle will be better with the plug in place. But in comparing the two boats (outback vs revo), both were paddled under the same criteria with the drive in place folded up against the hull.

You do remind me of one point though.... I hear you can store the mirage drive into the front hatch of the Revo for launching and landings, whereas you cannot do that in the Outback. Next time, I will try it with plug in place and pedals inside the hatch and see how it performs.

Yes, you can indeed fit a milk crate into the rear well of the Revo. However, the Revo tankwell is quite a bit shallower than the outback. Especially as you go towards the back, it tapers upwards. In the end, my bait tank ends up resting much higher up on the Revo relative to the center of gravity. Not that it matters much since stability is pretty good on these boats.

I usually store my "backup" bait tube behind my bait tank in the rear well on all my previous boats. The Revo is the only one where I could not do this because the well becomes too shallow at that point. This is the one piece of gear that I ended up not having a place to store on the boat.

Haven't tried the Adventure yet. But with the way things went when moving from the Outback to the Revo, I don't think I will move again from the Revo to the Adventure. Speed difference between the Revo and the Adventure is something like 0.2 mph and the sacrafice was pretty big. But you never know... If I see another deal like the $950 Adventure that was up for sale a couple of days ago, I just might pick it up to play with for a bit.
pchen911 is offline   Reply With Quote