View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
Dirty Curti

I've been fishing out of the Harbor the last couple of weeks. I head over to the pier where there is tons of bait, Anchovies, Macs of all sizes. I've meetered many marks but the only thing I've been able to hook is a Thresher both weeks.

Last week I paddled all of the way to the Buc pipe where there is endless Calicos and Macs if you want to get on a wide open bite. I personal want to pull on the larger model fish so after a while I paddled back to the pier towing a mac flyline and one down low. So far no luck.

The smoke stack (Carlsbad Power Plant) I think is a good idea to start working at this time of the season. The only problem is the shore break has been sketchy at best. If the surf will settle down for a little while then the opportunity opens up.

Either way it's been nice on the water. The only way to know for sure is to put the time on the water and explore the area you are interested in.

I haven't decided where I am going this week. Could be Oceanside, Carlsbad but I am leaning towards La Jolla.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote