View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 09:33 PM   #1
buddha

A big Thanks to BassManBen!!!!

I really shouldn't be surprised since often fishermen look out for one another but this one is kind of off the charts. More than 2 years ago. BassManBen Pmed me and inquired about bonefishing in Chula Vista so I gave him all the information he needed to know. We never did meet or fish and had not maintained any contact at all.

I posted on Bloody Decks for several weeks, months it seems trying to sell my Truth SG Reel and Avet SXJ MC reels to no avail and looking for a trade for a Okuma Komodo 463 PLX reel.

Nothing for weeks, months.

So yesterday I get a PM from BassManBen on Bloody Decks and he tells me of a great deal on the Okuma Komodo 463 reel in left handed out of the blue!!

Apparently a store in his area in Norcal was selling all Okuma inventory at 50% off and throwing in free braid to top it off!!

He alerted me to the deal and went to the store and I was super lucky that they had ONE reel left!

He bought the reel for me and is going to ship it to me tomorrow! What a great holiday surprise!

The bond in fishermen is real and BassManBen will surely have good fortune for this very unselfish deed!

Thank you BassManBen!!!
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote