View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 09:02 AM   #10
Mahigeer

Once again I attended the Shelter Island Kid’s Derby in San Diego. There were maybe less than 100 kids this year. A lot of mackerel were caught, with a short halibut and even a puffer fish.

I had help from friends on three different fishing websites. We distributed donated bait to the participants and helped with scoring the cards

1-The sponsor’s banners were hung with care. Participants were starting to arrive and register.

2-The most unusual catch of the day was a puffer fish. It was before the start of the derby, so it did not count.

3-Mrs. Miller is the head of the SD Sportfishing council and the organizers of this and the “Day at the Dock” event. Vic is her assistance. He blew me away the first time I met him with him speaking some Turkish.

4-Some of the volunteers are waiting to try the delicious Opa tacos. Tommy is in the background. Every year he pays his crew to come and prepare tacos for us free of charge.

5-The crew is preparing hot dogs in addition to tacos. Soft drinks, water, chips, and some sweets were also available for all the participants, parents and the volunteers.

6-I posted for help on three fishing websites and I had help from all three.

7-Winner in the 16 years old category.

8-This year’s overall winner. His name will be added to the bottom of the trophy

Another successful event thanks to all the volunteers.

You are the best.

The End.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote