View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #10
THE DARKHORSE

Thanks for the idea Doug, automatic float switch, that's a good one. After thinking about it, the 12gph is probably plenty, but I would still prefer overkill. In case of a real emergency situation 25 miles offshore, I'm going with the 500gph (the Yamaha look). I wouldn't mind turning the pump off after it did it's job, in short order.

Willy, I caught this fish on the flyline, 10" Greenback, #1 owner hook, on #30 flouro, in 90ft, around the 3/4. That afternoon I peddled past close to ten different schools of Yellowtail. Some were pretty stealthy, quietly puddling with a slight (but obvious) surface disturbance. A couple other schools didn't have a care in the world, violently boiling on surface bait, and moving plenty of water around.

I was out this afternoon (monday) with no boats, and no signs of life on the surface (major change from the past couple of days). A strong uphill current and a distinct visability line around the 1/2 (from 5-8ft vis at the condo then close to 15ft vis around the 3/4). No guarantee, but any day now could go off. Good luck!