Thread: Newport 6/25
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #5
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Ed View Post
Sorry it was so slow. At least you got though. How was the wind?
the wind was real light, the incoming tide got pretty strong and moved us along good. I need to start taking my anchor so I can hold position. I don't mind slow fishing, I just love fishing so a couple landed was a bonus. I was g. etting a lot of short strikes on the Z-man but those lures are tough. I caught the spotty on the white fluke. I talked with a lot of kayakers today an no one seemed to be doing any better. I guess the guys up by the bait barge were catching a bunch of small calicos. There was a guy right by the CC beach entrance in a pontoon belly type boat that hooked into something really big, he fought it for at least a half hour before it broke him off. He was fishing a pretty light rod I think because he couldn't lift it off the bottom. I watched him for a long time, he would gain a little line they it would take it back. Maybe a big halibut or a bat ray, I don't know if he ever saw it.
How is Steve feeling and how is your back? My old rotator cuff injury flared up today and got a little uncomfortable. I think I irritated it by starting to do push ups again, I noticed I was sore afterwards, I guess I'll knock those off.