View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 12:24 AM   #15
King Saba

When I used to paddle I was sporting a Malibu Stealth 12. It's stealthy because I went pretty dang slow.

My first paddle was a POS aluminum paddle with Polypropylene blades. It weighed 42oz even though the manufacturer BSes you with a 35.6oz rating. Paddling for 6-7 hours at a time made for a heck of an endurance workout since the winds and current were always blowing me around and the kayak could not carry a cadence to save its life. I then went to a Werner Camano Hooked and my god did it make a world of difference. 27.5oz!!! The significant weight reduction in the paddle allowed me to paddle stronger, longer, and with less overall effort since I wasn't constantly slinging a beating stick around.

I have found that I'm more of a high angle paddler to which this paddle is probably more suited for a low angle paddler, but it works well for both applications. It hits that sweet spot. If I could go back I think I would have gotten a Shuna like Orca did. You get a lot more power with each stroke and in the prowler it's a great combo.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote