View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #10
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Assassin View Post
I just bought 6 new Shimano Toriums in various sizes - they have 24 lbs. of drag and look just like the Trinidads but black. You can get a 30HG for $ 205 on e-bay (from Japan) - no tax or freight. And the good thing is it's here in 2-3 days. I purchased another on Friday and it will be here tomorrow.

I never owned a Shimano reel other then a TLD30 2-speed and have fished Daiwa Saltist for the last 10 years. The new Torium is a lot of reel for $ 205 and it will catch big fish...
I also have a couple the Torium HGs. The 16 and the 20. Even the 16 is a larger reel than the Calcutta but it feels very light and comfortable to me. I have given them a real workout here in Ausuncion and they are performing flawlessly with virtually no ongoing preventive maintenance. They are a serious upgrade from the older model Toriums.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote