View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #11
EFISH

Great trip with a good crew! Fished for 6hrs or so, with good views and a steady pick on calicos kept me buzzy. Caught 3 halibut, two that were short and one that looked to be 10-15lbs. As I tryed to rush the gaff shot I ended up tangeling the gaff with my line just above the hook and as the fish freaked out POP goes my line and there went my keeper.. This was my first mother ship trip and will not be my last for sure. To say fishing was slow I will not. Just no yellows or whites. I can't wait to get back out there!!!!!!!
I only would like to ask one thing: If you are heading out on one of these trips please show up early!!! Rember you need to unload your car and get all of your gear to the boat then load the boat. Everyone has different boats and gear so this seems to take some time. Don't hook up your seat or other gear to your yak in the morning, yaks ride on the racks on their sides so all that stuff gets in the way as the crew loads the yaks on the rack. Saw a deckhand almost get hit in the head a few times by seat buckles and other stuff falling from yaks. Ok one more thing when your yak comes down and it's time to get in the water be ready to load and go as fast as you can. It's not the beach, only 4-5 yaks can be set up at once so that means there are people waiting to to get on the water.
Peace Out
EFISH
EFISH is offline   Reply With Quote