Thread: 4/8 deadsville
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #6
pingpangdang

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
Honestly, I don't know what tides are going to be best and exactly how pressure changes affect the local fish. I have only lived here a few years but my east coast experience and instincts tell me the fishing is almost always better with movement. Solunar fishing indexes make a lot of sense to me so you may want to look at them. I don't like to fish full moon but friday was just after a new moon so it should have been good had I gotten there earlier and under normal conditions. I think the cold night and front put the fish down. Also, this is especially noticeable in the northeast, just before a pressure drop there is usually a pre-frontal feed where the fish go nuts for a few hours. The fish know feeding conditions won't be good (bad visibility, dirty water messing with sense of smell etc...) and put on the feedbag to ride out the storm.
A few years ago I went camping with some buds at lake yam in aka near mount fuji...A storm was on its way that night but I got to the lake to do some bass fishing. I caught 28 bass consecutively. ..yes consecutively. Unbelievable...my average is 1 large mouth per outing if lucky. The bass were dinks but it was still amazing.

Thought this lake was hot so I went the following weekend and got skunked on a sunny cold day.

Before a storm churns up things I do agree they can sense the pressure change and feed heavily to hold them down throughout the storm...no different from us getting goods from the market preparing for hurricanes I guess.
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote