View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 02:31 PM   #7
Iceman
Administrator

Pretty much 1 footers at the launch with some 2 footers in the mix. Offshore breeze layed down to greasy calm. I could not resist the bird pile calling me....way out. On my way there a nice spot of very big fish came up. Down before I could get to them, they came up again and again. Kurt made his way out and had said he saw similar rolling monsters. Sure enough they come up again and we sprint only to have them go down again...and again. The spots of fish were from right along the kelp to around 140 feet, from about 3/4 and out to the corner. The only one that boiled close was 10 yards right behind me. The fish that came up along the kelp had the greenbacks coming out of the water. Serious heart pounding stuff as the fish looked REALLY BIG. Kurt and I were waiting for the next spot to go and I was yoyoing in 130 feet. About halfway up I got hit and boated what had to be the runt of the litter at 18 pounds 10 oz on Arne's digital. All the fish that I saw were up between 8 and 9:30, with my fish at 9:30, long paddle with some strong current had us on the beach around 11. If you are going, you are going to have to decide to go long for the fish I saw or hang at the old spot. Wait to make that decision after Arne posts