Thread: Dunuhnuhnuh
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 01:43 PM   #13
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak_Bernie View Post
I don't think that seeing them on the surface is as scary as seeing them on your fish finder. When I lived in Oregon I was bottom fishing and a HUGE shape appears about 50 feet below the kayak on the screen, based on the scale I'd say it was over 15 feet, thought maybe a small whale, or a big stellar's sea lion, but it stuck around coming in and out of my fish finder screen. No mammals in sight, no one coming up for air. This continued for about 1/2 hour, then it disappeared. Got some nice rockfish and a cabezon and as I paddled back in around the haystack rock there is a dead harbor seal floating with blood pouring out of it. I did not stick around, I paddled back to shore in record time and didn't calm down until I was in shallow water. Never saw the actual shark but there is no doubt in my mind that whatever killed that seal was cruising under my kayak earlier in the day. By no means am I saying that seeing a huge fin right next to you isn't scary, but at least you saw it and could kinda keep tabs on it.

Nothing like good ol Mother Nature to make you realize that we are just privileged visitors in the watery kingdom

Ahh, not ok, yeah I marked the dogs on the FF earlier in the day, but nothing bigger,, as to why I nearly pissed myself when I saw the fin off my Bow..

A Buddy of mine who always fishes up north near county line always has his Shark Shield with him, haven't really yet but it's time to look into one of those ;P
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote