View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 05:53 PM   #8
Hye
Junior

I have only paddled in a Malibu kayak that I rented a few times. Because of my upper back problem I found that trying to rest my back was impossible. This issue could be limited to the kayaks I rented but I doubt it. Now I own a 2015 hobie outback and I hope I'll never have to paddle again🙏. With that said paddling could have had a part in my back discomfort. My back needs a good back rest to last a day on the water. You mentioned something about a bad back.
I considered looking into an entry level kayak to start with but I thought of two main problems with this idea. If the experience of a cheaper entry level kayak sucked it would shorten my kayak fishing interests. This would include the chance of my back not holding up well in a kayak without a seat. The next main thought was if I liked fishing on a kayak I would have to purchase a better kayak and that would mean losing money on first kayak. I'm mentioning this because I noticed you asking about an entry level kayak. My outback does very well. Pro angler looks amazing too. Pro angler was over my budget if I wanted all the accessories too. My opinion is biased to hobie because that's what I have used. But hobie or not, I truly believe the seat matters a lot. I don't have an issue with rolling over. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hye is offline   Reply With Quote