View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #7
Corey

Despite the wind & swell, it was business as usual for the Islander crew, Top notch service all the way from loading & unloading the kayaks to the gourmet food to beer & bait delivery service.

Due to the wind we were limited in range and forced to stay tucked in on the w/nw side of south island. After a few hours of unproductive fishing in 40-90' of water, I decided to follow the captain, Jason's tip of trying the area between the islands for halibut. After pulling the hook on what felt like a really nice one, I managed a 15#er on my 2nd drift in 18' on a sardine on the bottom. After radioing the guys to let them know, I managed a 7#, which was followed over the course of the day by 5 others, caught by the rest of the group, ranging from 5#- 27#. Also several calicos & a few lings were caught.

I wish I had taken more pics, but between fishing & repositioning against the wind, I only got a few:

The tip of S. Island w/ Punta Banda in the background

Moyer & Rhyno w/ north island in the background

The islands are not too big& I really think if it had been less windy, we could have covered the entire circumference of the islands if we were so inclined & probably found a better variety, but we worked with what we were given & made the best of it.

Hopefully others took some more pics & can post 'em up.

All in all it was a really fun trip & most everybody stuck it out throughout the day despite the wind & swell. Thanks again to the Islander crew for goin the extra mile as usual.