View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 06:34 PM   #8
Gr8fuldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Yes I bought a 2013 model blue outback.

As to coming to Baja, it will be a while.

In July I am doing something that I have been wishing to do for about (50) years or so. When I was a lee lad in Tehran, I saw in a movie an angler fishing in a canoe in Canada. Obviously I had no idea that I would end up living in USA at that time, so it was a dream for sure.

Recently I have been hearing myself talk about my dream a lot. After meeting Bob and reading his advice here that--- "don't wait for 20 years, and then say I wish I had done it".

I have made reservation for mid-July to take the Amtrak Starlight Line from downtown Los Angeles to Seattle, Washington. Then a bus will take me to Vancouver, BC, Canada. A (30) hrs. Journey with lots of ocean scenery to see.

After a night’s stay in Vancouver, I will be driving in a rental car for about (6) hours to a fishing camp north of Vancouver. At which point I will be spending seven (7) days fly fishing (mostly) in about 20 different private lakes. Most have row boats for use for free.
After a week of bliss in “paradise”, I will reverse the process.

I know my answer was much more than you wanted to know, but I cannot contain my excitement.
Sharing it with my fishing family here makes it even sweeter. Of course a complete report will follow.

Now the next step is to tell my wife about it!!!
Hashem, that is fantastico! Any dream that is more than 10 years old needs to be paid attention to and realized if possible. Any dream that is 50 years old needs to be realized, possible or not!!!! Make it happen my friend! And then give us a report of course
Gr8fuldude is offline   Reply With Quote