View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #21
THE DARKHORSE

You never forget your first.

I'm so stoked for you James, you never gave up. The one guy I saw everyday pounding the grounds for the elusive/not so elusive T-Shark. With your short after schoool window and moonlight landings you definetely earned it. I'm sure you will only appreciate that fish more after all the hard work, not to mention a respectable sized fish (the truck shot is a better reference as it looks small in your arms ). Now that the first T-Shark is out of the way, just fish for Yellowtail and enjoy the annoying daily knock-down of the larger weighted bait (oops there goes another flouro leader and $1 hook with my best bait ).

I noticed you were still trolling the big Rapala after the catch and I would like to offer a bit of advice. Diversify your portfolio, by pulling a surface greenback (for Yellowtail) and a larger weighted bait mid-column (lose the plug). On the weighted bait add a wire leader with a larger circle-hook. The wire leader will prevent a double hook-up on Yellowtail and save those precious summertime baits. A mouth hooked T-Shark is a much more impressive fight (flying-fish ), that is not only safer for the angler, but infinitely better on the fish.

Last edited by THE DARKHORSE; 06-04-2008 at 05:47 PM.
THE DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote