View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 07:49 AM   #10
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autrout View Post
I just purchased a dragonfly at Christms. I am using pvc over the side. I used a foam plug into the Outback cup holder. I compress the foam with big washers and a nut. The bolt is a couple inches longer than flush so i drilled a hole is a cutting board and slide it onto the bolt. I used butterfly nut to tighen the cutting board to the foam insert and hobie deck. I then mounted the FF display to the cutting board. The over the side arm is locked with a removable pin so when not using the FF, i rotate the arm 90 degrees and out of the water. I can sent you pics if you want.

Good luck
Yes, please. I would like to see how you rigged the transducer specifically.

I have already figured a place for the fish finder as I installed it last night. My kayak has a perfect hatch right between the legs. I screwed the fish finder directly onto the hatch and used 2 rubber bungies to tighten the battery box (Rubbermaid Tupperware container) to the underside of the hatch. So the whole hatch is removable with battery and fish finder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Ed View Post
Check out the Mad Frog Gear tda. I've used it with a Scotty mount and currently using a gear track. I tried the putty method recently, but it is so much better in the water.
Agreed, I have read that the best results are when the transducer is directly in the water. I didn't pay 400$ for fish finder only to reduce its capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
I have a suction cup mount I stick on the stern, it stays weed free and doesn't get hung up launching.
Suction cup mount hu? Ever have it pop off?

That's a good solution, however I have read that theoretically you want your transducer more forward. If your transducer is in the back, wouldn't you be showing what you have pretty much passed?
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote