View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 11:11 AM   #12
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
How often are you out fishing and are you surf launching ?
I try to get out 2 days a week. During the summer it was all at La Jolla through the surf. La Jolla surf was pretty calm all summer. Lately I've been fishing around the entrance to SD bay. I like moving around to keep things interesting.

I've never noticed the "wet ride" in my Outback ... so to speak. Maybe my butt isn't paying attention. I get splashed a little in the course of fishing or sometimes if rough water hits the bow of my boat, but I'm certainly not sitting in a sopping seat bucket of sloshing water.

I've never noticed getting wet unless I'm seriously knocking around in higher surf for practice. In that case, I'm wet all over.

---

Borrow a kayak with both seat types from a buddy and go fishing for the day. That will tell you more than using a demo from the dealer for a hour.

Lots of people have individual back issues. What's comfortable or not can vary widely. Personal comfort in a kayak that's good for you is an important consideration.

When I was in my 30's, I seemed to be twisting my back all the time from lifting things and general construction work. That stuff went away in my 40's and my back feels stronger, more flexible and with more endurance now at 63 than it's ever been in my life. I am generally cautious not to overexert or take chances with my back. I have also been overweight in the past which is a pain in the butt. It can be hard on our backs because joints and other structure that is supposed to move more easily get impacted and rigid.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 11-27-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote