View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 01:34 AM   #4
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendawg View Post
How about a report from today so I have something to anticipate on the long drive down

Sorry Sven , didn't get the report done in time. You have probable begun your journey., or maybe this might get to you in time.
Today was one of those perfect days for fishing here in Asuncion. There was very little wind all morning and that changed to virtually no wind for the rest of the day. Jim was an animal and stayed out from dawn til dusk while Robert and I were on shore by 1 He was rewarded late in the day with a beautiful 16 pound Leopard grouper. The first one I have seen here. I was a bit disappointed with the fishing while the others were quite happy with the results. We managed 4 yellows, one being nice 25 pound specimen the rest rats. There were a few Sierra caught, a couple skipjack , and of course boatloads of the ubiquitous bass. We fish Isla Asuncion yesterday and will head for San Roque today.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote