Thread: Making Bait
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 08:38 AM   #15
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
When I'm MB, I usually use a s500 and often I will tip with some FDS. One thing to look on your FF are TSB, tighter or darker color usually means you've found some GBM's, if the pack isn't tight it's probably SM's.

If you're fishing LJ, it's best to try the SCPSP first, if that doesn't produce any GBM's I will go to the KPL, if it's still doesn't produce make sure you get out the CTFD and don't forget to bring your CO.
I have no idea what the above paragraph is saying.

I purchased an Ahi bait rig (Sabiki) rod to use on piers, because it is very convenient to leave the hooks inside and put it in my car.
I think it is a must have for kayak and boat fishing. I have no affiliation to anybody at Ahi.
As to baiting Sabiki during the day, I think it is a mistake. Not on catching bait, but by paying for expensive rig with feathers and beads and such. If you want to use bait, then just tie several hooks. Much cheaper. The feathers are what entice the fish since it looks like small fish or shrimp.
At night I may use bait, since the scent is needed and sight is limited.

I have used the shrimp looking bait rigs, but my go-to rig is green colored rigs.
When fishing for bait around Cedros Island, my fishing buddy was catching far more bait than me with an old favorite. The red and yellow yarn called “lucky lura”.
I found some cheap in the sale basket at a tackle shop. I will be trying it at Gonzaga Bay
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote