View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 04:50 AM   #11
YakDout
Brandon

When I herniated my L5S1 about 6 years ago, it was really painful. Couldnt tie my shoes for weeks. Out of work for months. Very limited as to what I was able to do. When the injury happened, I felt a pop and immediately fell to the floor and had to be taken to the ER with some help. No surgery just months of physical therapy before I saw any kind of improvement. Been dealing with pain since it happened. Recently what Has helped me was dropping some weight as well as sleeping on a stiffer mattress. Im also trying epidural injections and I have my second one scheduled for this Friday actually. These shots help, but its not a permanent fix. I just had nothing to lose as sometimes my pain is so bad it makes me yell at my fiancé (thats what she tells me).

The last doctor visit I had before the first injection revealed an MRI that I was not hoping for. The disc that was herniated over 6 years ago was solid black in color while the rest were white. Doc says it is because its just worn out so much. I also lost all of my reflexes in my left leg since the injury. Nothing to be taken lightly, but this is why I fish now instead of racing motocross. If it had not been for my injury I would have not gotten back into fishing. So I try to stay positive about it.

When I first started fishing, I was on a tarpon 140 then had a revo and I could not stay on the water for more than an hour or so before calling it quits. Now people will probably knock this but I dont care. When i switched to a hobie with the vantage seat, Ive been able to fish 5-6 consecutive days for 10 hours without needing to come off the water. Now im sure the vantage seat is not a 100% of what helped me but along with that and the other things I mentioned above, Im able to still enjoy the hobby I love.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote