Thread: new to salt
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 05:29 AM   #6
spicolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
that is good to know. Does anyone where PFD's out there. I feel like a doofus because I've been wearing one at the lake and no one else is. I look at the pictures of the people out at the kelp beds fishing and I don't see any. I had both knees replaced in the last year so it limits my flexibility some. I think I need to go out with someone a time or two so I can see what is going on. Do people use a swivel between their braid and leader?
Welcome Harry. PFD's are required to have on board, but not wear. Use your own discretion, but safety first.

I have been fishing 65# green braid with a 25# fluoro leader, connected with a SPRO Power swivel (#6) with success. I've also use an uni to uni knot (check youtube) to connect braid to fluoro when using a longer leader/top shot. Both have worked fine @LJ...no advantage/disadvantage for me with either, although I like the swivel because I'm cheap and use less fluoro

The cool thing that you'll discover about this community is there are a lot of "people helping people". I've learned a lot from these boards and even more from chatting with guys on the water. The best learning? Get out on the water...cheers!
spicolly is offline   Reply With Quote