View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 06:46 AM   #33
kjsdad619
Just a Salty Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiostreetz View Post
Update LJ 08/23/15

Went out bait was tough as usual but after about an hour or so ended up bringing in a few nice green backs and a couple spanish and off I went I told myself I wouldn't start trolling til I hit the corner but saw some marks on the tv and said why not so I dropped a flyline and off I went.

I wanted to hit the corner and head out to some deeper water. Right at the corner I hooked up and lost him after about 5 mins hook still on so that had me pumped. Threw out another and started heading west think I didn't have a big enough hook because I hooked again and ran for a while when I went to set the hook bam i felt it just slip right out.

I'm getting closer and closer my time is coming lol. My tan though is on point lol
What size hook? Im thinking of going this weekend, let me know if your down!..and I use the 3/0 ringed hooks Mustad or Owner. But you are getting there and that first up is what kept me going..i just let them run for about 8-10 seconds letting them get the fish down then just engage the reel..i don't do the jerk setting the hook and it has worked. CONGRATS though your getting there!