View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 08:09 AM   #7
DDS
Finally landed one

Hey guys, thanks for the tips and insight, I appreciate being able to vent a bit and get some wisdom back in return.

@tunaseeker - I've hit up the samurai once before to try to get something scheduled, he runs stuff on the weekend so I just have to get some free time OK'd by the missus with enough lead time to schedule it. This past Saturday I figured out I'd have a half day at about 11:30 PM Friday night and assembled the gear till about 1AM...made for an early alarm...I'm sure I'd benefit a ton from some hands on wisdom from an experienced guy like the samurai!

@Chris128 - I wouldn't have thought to paddle the kayak like a surfboard...that is at least something I can keep in the quiver if the sh#$ really hits the fan

@Murray - I always bring the second mirage drive with me when I go out (the tandem comes with two) just in case of failure, and I have some repair gear on the yak, but it is ridiculous that I left my paddle in the car..thankfully it only cost me time, pride and a serious spike in blood pressure.

@ZFish03 Thanks for the reality check and the sunny side of things view, hopefully my time will come soon enough.

@KJSDad619 - It is great to get on here and see the stories of others who are struggling as well, they are not as exciting to read as the success stories, but it helps those getting started to know they are not alone in the drama of getting skunked time and time again. This board is the perfect place for a little free therapy!

Hope the next story has a happy ending. I've got to stay in close to the kelp and catch a yellowtail before I head out looking for tuna, dorado or marlin (did you see that guys story...holy crap that would be awesome.)