View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #1
Dirty Curti

7/26 Carlsbad Yellowtail

Decided to stay close to home and fish the local water. Headed out about 7:00 am Sunday crashing through a few small waves with no problem and make my way over to the kelp line. Made about 10 pieces in about 15 minutes and off I go.

Headed WSW and could see life pretty quickly. A whale makes an appearance and then birds landing on the spot where the whale just surfaced but nothing happening there. Then dolphins make an appearance they seemed happy making a couple of full breach leaps and an occasional burst of speed but again nothing happening.

After about two hours of searching I decided to head back in to work the kelp line. The sun pops out and so does the fish. I was approximately 150 yards outside the kelp line when my troller gets hammered. I worked the fish for about 30 minutes, or it worked me because it hits on my light line (12lb.) and listening to the pling, pling, pling of the line I know I was pushing the limit. Finally getting it to surface with a pile of kelp attached I land MY FIRST YELLOW on the yak.

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Off the water and home by noon.

Here is an edited clip of the action. Video take from my GAFFER HD Video Polarized Sunglasses w/ bluetooth connection for music. These glasses are awesome! The video isn't as great as the GoPro but for $139.00 it is an exceptional product.

Carlsbad Yellowtail

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote