View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #17
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkermann View Post
Check out some okuma reels. They now make some top of the line stuff. And they have a good amount a reels that are decently priced. The okuma Cedros and Cortez are great star drag reels and metaloid and andros are great lever drag.

And if you or someone you know is a first responder(cop, fireman, military, emt, ect) the okuma warehouse in Ontario gives you a 40% discount. My brother is a cop so he has been getting okuma gear at great prices
Just got my cedros for father's day, I think Charkbait still has them for $80 off retail. I want the same size Cortez for surface iron since it has cast control, but I'm gonna wait for the 2016 version to come out (grey and black rather than hey and red).

I don't have any lever drags yet, but my first one will either be an okuma Metalloid or a Release SG (soon to be named Truth Reels). The Metalloid is basically in the Avet Raptor class at half the price. And the Release SG, is a single speed lever drag, 30lbs of drag, all machine aluminium, holds like 500 yards of 50lb braid. About $250 for those and Jim Sammons swears by them.