View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 12:46 PM   #13
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieScot View Post
I was looking at the Tevas. That is what I was thinking about switching to. My only hesitation is because I bought a cheap pair that are similar to Tevas when We went to Hawaii and I really liked them. But my hesitation is because both my girlfriends and my pairs started to smell by the end of the week.

Do the Tevas start to smell from being in the water then drying repeatedly? I'm hoping that the ones we had in Hawaii smelled because they were made of cheap materials and that the Tevas don't do that.

I am also a diver so I already have the boots to wear. I never thought about using them before. They seem like they would be hot except during the winter.

Look for sandals that have an anti-bacterial footbed.
With my back injury I can't bend over to tie my shoes without taking a chance of pinching any nerves, so I've just about lived in my Boardshorts, Keen's and Teva's for the past couple years. I just gave them a smell test and they don't stink (just as advertised), so I'm not too worried.
Once I can finally get out, I have a couple different pair of "flats booties" or float tube booties I can wear with my waders (if they're necessary) and can store my sandals in the pouch of my SEAIRSPORT Angler seat if it gets warm, although I wouldn't use the float tube booties due to the lack of foot/arch support and thin footbed.
Much will depend on where I'm launching also. If launching @ LJ, I could get away with sandals, if further up this way closer to home (like the "boulder fields" near Malibu, Leo, Pt. Dume or areas of SB) the "Flats Booties" would be necessary.
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote