View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 10:24 PM   #1
JayB619

First post/ Islander 1.5 day review

Hello all! I'm Jay Barcia, 30 sd local who is still pretty new to kayak fishing, last october. I started with a 10' lifetime kayak from big 5 for 300 as I was un-sure if kayak fishing was for me. Well got hooked and sold it for what I paid and picked up a malibu stealth 12 demo from Oex. I've been trolling the Site for the last couple months and figured it's time to sign up already. I met some nice people and put faces to the screen names at the HOW fund raiser last month. It was a great event and I look forward to helping out at the next one at tide lands park next month. I also did my first (of many) mother ship trips on the Islander last weekend. Great captain, crew, food and they run the loading /un-loading of the kayaks super fast and orderly, very top notch! Lots of big mean calico bass hitting the 5" big hammer calico killer color on war bait 1/2 jig heads(orange, red, skirted) got a couple hard fighting bonito on the plastic and light tackle. The topper was landing my first yellowtail on my kayak off a fly lined sardine, the stoke is real! Look forward to meeting more of you out on the water. I'm in a mango stealth 12 say what's up I usually have a spare craft beer, water, and some good greens to share.
JayB619 is offline   Reply With Quote