View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
AirborneYak

Hole in outback scupper

I went out today with Norm - Rocketfish, to fish the islands and notice that I had water in my hull. It was a little at first and then five mins later i open my center hatch to get a weight and notice how high and fast the water was filling up. I look back to see if my drain plug was on. It was. I made a beeline to the shore. I was pretty scared on the way to land cause I could feel all the water in the hull actually tipping the kayak left and right. I thought I was going to tip over at one point. I make it ashore and immediately check if I had my drain plug was tight and all hatch was closed and they were. I Drain as much water as I could, say bye to Norm and load the yak for home.

Once at the house, I look for any holes and see nothing at first. I put water in the hull again to see if I could find the any crack or what not and notice that water is coming through the scupper hole. I saw the size and realize how lucky I was to make it.

Now my questions. Is this an easy fix? Can I DIY? I'd rather not cause I'd end up with half kayak some how. How much do you think it would cost to fix or is this even repair doable and I am out of kayak?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (31.0 KB, 203 views)
AirborneYak is offline   Reply With Quote