View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:05 AM   #2
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
Yep, my whole gripe here is that our fish are a state public resource that is being totally abused by the vast majority being shipped out of the country. Our political system bears the responsibility for this clear mismanagement. Yet we recreational anglers are bearing the brunt; and when the fishery id depleted, we will continue to bear the brunt of this mismanagement. Obviously this issue, as I see it, is not limited to BFT. As you, I don't see this being fixed in my lifetime, unfortunately.
I'd say most people share your feeling of hopelessness.

Politically speaking... Recreational fisherman have no money and therefore no lobbying power in congress. The only chance WE have is to align ourselves with the scientific and conservationist movement, and promote our sport as responsible and sustainable. If it doesn't happen in your lifetime, it will never happen as the resource will be gone forever.

I don't see us gaining any traction in the scientific community as long as you have anglers griping and complaining about every regulation and marine reserve. Not to mention the cruelty to the sealions. All you sea lion haters need to shut up and quit giving us a bad name.

You take 20 minutes to reel in a 15 lb yellowtail, then complain about how a sea lion "stole" it from you?! Ha... That sea lion is just smarter than you! At least you can now claim that it was a 40lber lol
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote