View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #13
Kardinal_84
Alaskan Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinYakr View Post
X2

What's the name of the resort you work at ? Haven't heard of any resorts or a Fish Camps/Lodges that have Kayaks .

The chance/thought of catching a 'Butt over 100#'s sounds intriguing.

Also couldn't help but notice the large nets you guys carry. Down here CA regs. specify 20", yours easily look considerably larger or is it just me?

Thanks for posting.

FFY

I don't work at a resort. Just a fisher with no other life outside of work and family. There are very few places that are equipped for kayak anglers. I am trying to write a piece for a national magazine but short of hailing your own kayaks up, it's nearly impossible.

Just recently ak raft and kayak became the sole hobie dealer and they will have outbacks and pro anglers for rent as well as inflatable Aire kayaks.

So far I know of three 100+ pound halibut firm kayaks in this area. Southeast has a few too I think. I managed mine out of Kodiak last August.

As far as the net...that's my small net. I need to increase size as per the suggestions in my snowy day King thread. It's like goldilocks. Current net too small. Back up net too big. Need one that is just right!!!

I know I'm chomping at the bit to try some warmer water fishing. I have to believe the Warmer water guys think AK might be something different. Cmon up! We will get Ya set up with the right stuff!!!!!! Many of my best life long friends I have met through fishing. I don't see why that's going to change anytime soon!!!!!!

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
Guidesak.blogspot.com
My personal pages...I'm not a guide.
Kardinal_84 is offline   Reply With Quote