View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #150
Fish Taco

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Last year we set up on the sidewalk leading into OEX Mission Bay. sign in starts at 6am, Captains meeting 6:45am, start time 7am

If you are fishing in the halibut division and want to get bait from the receiver prior to 7 am start time, you have some options: You may launch elsewhere closer to the barge, like Mariners Point, get your bait and then paddle/pedal or even motor up to Santa Clara Point to check in or head down and back then check in. No lines in the water before 7am and no motors on the yaks after 7am.

You can launch from both sides of the Santa Clara Point peninsula, I will post a map when I get the chance.
Andy, considering the option of launching at Mariner's Point. If I grab my bait early, and motor over to Santa Clara Point before check-in, do you think I could stow my BassYaks motor with Brent at OEX during the tournament, then pick it up afterwards. I can just pop it in and motor it back over to Mariner's Point after the tournament's over with. Last question, can I tie up at the dock there while checking in, etc. so as to keep my pump going and bait alive?

Thanks,

- Ken

Redondo Beach, CA
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
Fish Taco is offline   Reply With Quote