View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #4
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitinsidejim View Post
hey Rossman no water is too shallow down there. caught two yellowfin tuna and a dorado in the channel between the point and acunsion island trolling cd 14 rapala. my friend caught a yellowfin fishing for calicos on a white kalin grub. when you get a chance ask shari she should remember she should have pics. anything is possible down there. l am jealous from all your reports. looks like you are haveing a good time. going to gonzaga in may can not wait. maybe see you there going for two weeks. good luck sitinside jim
Thanks Jim, that is good information. That channel is really shallow. An interesting thing I have noticed about the channel. As the whales migrate North around this time of year about 20 to 30 percent go through that channel while the rest go out around the island. They seem to understand that it is a risky place because the come up to the channel at their normal leisurely pace of 2 to 3 mph. They spout a few times, fluke and then sprint through there. It seems the resurface on the other side much quicker than you would expect.
Hope we cross paths in May.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote