View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 05:15 PM   #4
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

I have had card slot issues with my Elite 5's also. First one failed after a few months and Lowrance replaced it. However, they tell you to remove the card before you send it in for repair and my issue was that the slot was so buggered up that I could not eject the card. Naturally the replacement came without a Navionics card. I bought a new one and had the same problem after a year. Then I went with the Elite 5 DSI and had the same problem after a year and change. I now have gone back to the Elite 5 without the Navionics card so I hope it lasts for the year while I am in Mexico. I have come to the realization that because we have kayaks without the typical engine and upkeep and fuel costs, the electronics become expense items.
Maybe these guys that don't have problems just don't fish enough. I'm sure mine would last a lot longer sitting in my garage.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote