View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 10:25 AM   #7
Cbad Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcrossb View Post
It has nothing to do with who you fish with or not. It has to do with showing respect, lending a helping hand, being thoughtful, that lost art.
They say denial is the first defense, the guilty are often at the head of the line, or hanging out in the shadows, throwing stones.
I been fishing 60 years, canoes, rafts, kayaks, sail boats, fishing boats. I've launched in MB, SD bay numberious times, most of the lakes here abouts. LJ, 6 times. Beginner at that venue? Sure. Inexperienced? Sure. Mistake prone? Oh yea! Doing all that and being handicapped as well. Go figuare.
Sir, I mean no disrespect but possibly you need to grow some thicker skin and stop worrying if someone, including yourself, is called a noob, noobie, green, or whatever.
As a baseball fan for many years I never heard anyone complain about the word rookie.
You state that you're 67 years old yet have "junior" under your BWE name. Following your posted idea of political correctness, this could be construed as wrong and demeaning too.
The terms that you are offended by are not demeaning at all. They all describe someone who is new to anything including this sport who probably and most likely does not have the same skills yet as say a "seasoned" (I hope that word isn't offensive) participant.
Regardless of titles that are given, ninety nine percent of the people here lend a hand and give plenty of advice to each other both on this forum and on the water. I believe that this same bunch truly wants to see everyone succeed in this sport.
Based on your worries and feelings of a lack of respect about being called a noob or a rookie, and not having someone lend a hand, I have to ask, have you ever even fished with BWE guys???
Sir, in all honesty I think you will find the respect that you seek more easily by...
1. getting to the launch.
2. saying good morning to guys that you don't know.
3. asking them their names and telling them yours
4. shaking their hands.
5. falling off your kayak into water while trying to launch.

I think these five things would work better than sitting at your computer trying to erase the words noob and rookie from our vocabulary.

Good luck and I hope to see you on the water soon.