Thread: LJ 12/14
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #13
madscientist

Good morning for me, went 2 for 2 on bait. Launched behind Andy in the WAY early hours and went on squid patrol. Took a while but I got one and had some dead frozen from before. As the bite switched on I threw the live guy down and almost immediately it screams. Leisurely fight ended with a 21# tail on deck. Went back to the same drift and put the best of the dead on. Not long thereafter, it goes zing and I'm on to a bigger one. Tangled and untangled with another angler getting towed. Fish seemed worn out but I had a heck of a time getting it up. At color I saw why, it was barely hooked in the side. This one went 25.7#. Not insane carnage but pretty close. Only had time to run home and throw the fish on ice and unload the yak before racing to a 10:00 meeting, reeking of yellows. That was so much fun I think I'll do it again tomorrow. Got to mail out some YT and lobster gifts this week.

Just a note to some who may not be used to fishing in crowds. We all tend to throw our irons forward, so its not the best idea to set up your drift 50ft off of another yakkers bow, particularly down drift, if it can be avoided. 8)
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote