View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 04:34 AM   #26
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
I feel your pain brotha, same here. I'm doing a bunch of chores today so my wife doesn't give me shit while I'm fishing tomorrow.

Happy wife=happy life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
I did.. But I have a wife who gives me a dirty look if I leave to go fishing when something is broken.. I envy you single guys sometimes 😏
Being single is not always everything it's cracked up to be. There's more drama when you're dating!
Whenever I start to date a woman she knows going in that I fish first, last and always (and I pray she does too!). If she doesn't accept or get it after seeing ALL my fishing gear then she's never going to get it and I explain it to her and send her on her way!
It's the way I keep my Zen "balanced" but I do/have compromised and know how to prioritize properly (e.g. Birthdays, anniversaries, and other "special occasions").
It is nice though, not having those pesky "Honey Do" lists and knowing I have no one to answer to except myself.
There was/is some solace in knowing I can suddenly schedule an extended weekend trip to central CA or further (i.e. Oregon, Washington) for salmon/steelhead, Delta strippers or shad or any other sudden short notice week long trip to Montana, Idaho or Wyoming etc. without consulting (which is usually where things go bad).
I was actually "dumped" once for "suddenly" announcing a previously scheduled Bonefish/Tarpon tournament I was participating in the Bahama's (although I swear I remember announcing "calendaring" the dates).
Of course all of this was before my back injury.
Now once I'm better I won't need "permission" to attend a Baja or Bust" or Islander Mothership trip!
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote