View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Dana Pt, 1-12-15

Steve and I launched a little after 7am from the ramp. Wind was blowing offshore at a pretty good clip and there was lots of low clouds. Water was 62º and clear (very clear and purple outside of about 45').

We started at the breakwall were Steve got a nice checker and another bass of some sort. Around 8:00 we decided to brave the offshores and hit the Pipe. In short order Steve was up to 6 and I had a mack. Around 9:30 the winds backed down and I started a very slow pick that ended at 12:15 with 6 bass for me and 8 for Steve. I'm not sure what all Steve used, but for me it was 4" Flurrys in Sea Food and 3" Big Hammers in Red Calico Hunter. Hot Sauce for flavor of course.

Got to use my new FF (Elite 4 HDI) today too. Having color really helps a lot. Once I got used to it it was much clearer what was hard bottom and what was sand/mud. There's some definite quirks with this unit, but over all I'm happy with it.

High light of the day was a grey whale that popped up pretty close to us. As always, it was a pleasure fishing with Steve and I look forward to where ever we end up next week.