View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
Amish Ed

Mission Bay, 12-29-14

Steve and I arrived at Ski Beach at 6:30. It was dark, windy and cold. So, we stayed in my truck drank some coffee, had a vape, and when the sun was close to coming up we launched. Water was clear, but I don't know the temp (see more on that later).

Fished the area around Ski Beach and Steve did pretty good with like 20 fish. I ate it with only 8. I just couldn't make it work. Steve and I were neck and neck until we spilt off and he found a honey hole and I found squat. I fished quite a few colors and styles, but only Red Bone and Smokey Shad Paddlerz caught fish for me. Hot Sauce helped for getting bites. We were off the water by 11:45.

The bad: My FF crapped out before the launch. I forgot to close my tailgate and lost my paddle jacket on the freeway. Thankfully that was all that was lost. Then we had massive traffic on the return. 2hrs to get back to Lake Forest.

The good: My new Abu Garcia Pro Max is pretty sweet. Casts really well and fits the palm well. My new to me Okuma Shadow Stalker (thanks Steve) is a perfect rod for me. I need more of them!

Anyways, I did have a good time with Steve and I wasn't working.