View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #8
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
No need for an anchor in the salt.

I have tons of blue bungee if you need some. I live in Fullerton and work in Huntington Beach.
Wouldn't an anchor trolley be necessary for a Drift chute? (Just asking...that's why I had one on each side installed).
For anything stuck I swear by a product called "Break Free". I was introduced to this solvent when I learned to service reels when I worked in a tackle shop. Apply and let soak overnight. Have loosened many a corroded screw or nut/bolt with this solvent over the years (just my experience). I always carry a bottle of it in my tackle bag while on any trips.
As for your wiring, I'm glad that the HOBIE bait tank has it's own power source. Before I bought my Outback I researched a few threads/discussions/comments on this site about wiring everything together (before deciding on my HOBIE). There were many comments about the +/-'s of having everything wired together or separately. The one comment that really got me to thinking was if your main battery dies (for whatever reason) your bait tank is useless. While you can do without a fish finder since your trolling your bait anyway, if your fishing bait you will constantly have to make bait which can be distracting and time consuming/wasting.
When I was thinking about buying an X-factor, I also thought about the X-wing. However after watching videos on "getting tossed" out of your kayak, it seemed that the X-wing might trap you (a little) or at least get you tangled in your Kayak AND when you try to re-enter your Kayak it might get in the way! (These are just my thoughts and evaluations of this accessory!).
FFY

Last edited by FlyFishinYakr; 12-16-2014 at 10:01 PM.
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote