View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #15
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINCANYAK View Post
I just started yak fishing this past summer launching from Baby Beach because it is easy and parking is free. It's a 4 hour limit at the sport fishing / ramp unless I'm missing something? Sunday was thick with Macs but out past and north of the rock plenty of calico and sheepshead...all catch and release. Although the swell was up it was glassy all morning....beautiful day. I hope to work my skill level up and surf launch, make bait and get pulled around with a big yellow someday soon. In the meantime if you are ever looking for some company out of DP just hit me up as I try to get out every weekend.
I'm pretty sure the boat ramp is like 24 hrs. I've been out for 6+ hours and never had a problem.

TO build your ego...and saving some $, try launching from Doho beach (the south end of the harbor. Waves hardly break in that area.

Once you get that launch under your belt, launch at Beach and Palisades, in Dana point. It's shore-break and the potential for outside breakers is there, but it's good training for other local surf launch fishing areas.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote