View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #71
CheapPelican

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I was commenting on him saying there is a website where you can look up your license and not at his original comment. However, since you're quoting the first thread read the last line of that thread and you'll understand my comment. I know my comment came across in a dikish kind of way but rules are rules and the rules state that you have to have your license in your possession, it doesn't say anything about being able to show proof that you purchased one. If it works, great for all of us!

Keep in mind that its our responsibility to know the rules and its the Wardens job to enforce them. Anyway, I'm all out of popcorn so I'll move on to the next show.
Yes, rules are rules, but often when someone has a the right attitude, a nice pair of breasts and long hair to flip, the rules turn into guidelines. Unfortunately most of us do not have the latter two. Better to have a good attitude and some sort the option to have a shot of talking your way out of a $100.00 fine (or whatever it is now) or $25 and wasting half a day in court.

I got stopped on the water at bigbear a few years ago. I saw Patrol coming so I turned for my tackle bag which is usually clipped to behind my seat. I forgot that I used my loaner yak and just grabbed my rod. All my gear was still in the hobie, on the beach, 200yds away. I told the officer that I had both and asked if i could get it. "I believe you. I saw you going for it when you saw me coming. Make sure to keep them with you." he replied. I never saw him again.