View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
FISH11

You never know till you get there. The surf / wave forecast sometimes helps and other times they are way off. Last Monday I went out at La Jolla and the forecast said 1.5' waves sounded great. I get there and they are over 3 to 4 feet. Had a hard time getting out taking numerous waves diving me backwards and it took 2 tries to get through and about 8 to 9 wave hitting me chest and face, some breaking right on me. Those where the ones that push you back. On the landing I'm coming in in what looks easy 1.5' waves and then one catches up to me that was like 4' and broke right on me and pulled the paddle right out of my hand as I was starting to brace. Needless to say I rolled faster than I could say SH*T. Yesterday Thursday I go out and the weather Lady on the news at 6am is saying wave could be 3 to 5 feet so I thought to drive down and if they were high possibly go out to SD Bay. When I get there the waves are like 1' high and where the same at landing at 4PM. So just go check it out first or maybe look at the LJ Webcam on this site first. Good Luck, Mark