View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #12
5-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
Is the extender so high that it keeps the main portion of the yak off the bed of the truck? Are you strapping it down real tight? You can try strapping it from the back of the kayak to the extender instead of over the top of the yak. I think the best way is probably the saddle setup as mentioned. I haul my kayak without a bed extender with no problems, and I usually have some gear in it so I'd rather not transport it upside down.

For an assist strap I would attach it to the front handle attachment points.. they should be plenty strong enough.

The extender's as level with the bed as it can be -- in the lowest setting. I'll fool around with all of that a little more.

Thanks for the suggestion about the strap -- I briefly thought about doing that, but I also wondered if having the anchor point so far up front would let the front of the yak pivot or shift when I put my weight on it and that maybe it wouldn't be a very stable feeling. But that is a good suggestion and I can always loop a rope around the handle and give it a shot and see how that goes!

Thinking about hitting lajolla tmw am........

:wsb :
5-20 is offline   Reply With Quote