View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #27
FISH11

It's not possible to reel in the second line when the fish on the Iron is pulling hard and trying to head shake off the Iron. It was not like there was a hook on bait and it swallowed it. I fought it for a while unfortunately at the time I thought I had tired it some giving a little time to pull the second line from the tip guide. Yellows are very strong and when they realize they are getting reeled in they sound again and again. There wasn't a problem until the fish pulled my kayak and after some time was trying to circle around causing my kayak to go back over the slack on the other line. Usually I don't have two lines in the water but after hours of trolling and soaking the mac without any action and seeing a bait ball I thought it was worth a try with the Iron. If the reel was a motor I could have easily pushed a button to retreive the second line. Cutting the other line might not be the best option but it would be what I would do if the same thing happened again. If someone doesn't agree then, they don't have to do it.