View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #11
Jaysuuun
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Rad post. So great to see a couple out enjoying kayak fishing together. I hope to get there soon build up some sea legs, come down to LJ and get her on a yellow!!
We know that's where the big fish are so we hope our sea legs develop sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
Jaysuuun, I am glad u finally came out. I've been following u and Tess for a while. SWAT king and surf guru. Glad to see you here. If U are ever down here in SD, hit me up.
I thought your SN looked familiar. I'm glad we now have an option to surf fishing especially when conditions aren't ideal. We'll keep you in mind if we ever hit SD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
Welcome! I am thinking of getting a tandem for the wife so we can fish the harbors. We have a tandem road bike ... why not a tandem yak?

As far as the nausea stuff ... it will get better. If not take drugs, Bonine works without all the grogginess. Or you can do the natural stuff and chew on ginger or some Nabisco crackers.
Thanks! Yes, you should get a tandem! It'll give you more oppurtunity to get out on the water if you bring her along rather than leaving her at home. And if fishing is not her thing, she can bring a book or just enjoy the scenery while you fish. You'll get a better approval if you say "Honey, do you wanna go kayaking with me tomorrow?" as opposed to "Honey, can I go fishing tomorrow?"LOL

I would say the only drawback of our tandem is the minimal storage space and lack of maneuverability compared to a single. Sometimes I break out the paddle when I need to turn on a dime.

I've heard good things about the Nabisco Ginger Snaps. Maybe I should pack those instead of Cheetos next time. LOL

Thanks to everyone else for the warm welcomes! I've got more gear that I've been wanting to test out so I'm hoping to give them a try soon. I'll keep ya'll updated.

Jason

Last edited by Jaysuuun; 06-04-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Jaysuuun is offline   Reply With Quote