View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #1
blitzburgh

Neport Taco Report - 5/25/14

Got to the CGS at 6:20, met a couple of yakers but didn’t get names, sorry, nice to meet you guys. On the water by 6:45. Conditions were great, flat calm with just enough current for nice drifts. Water was pretty clean although I don’t remember what the temp was. Air temp was nice and mild. I only saw one other guy out there the whole morning in the distance.
The first goal was some rockies for tacos and after I wanted to pound some sand for the flat kind. Made a few Macs out in front and then got to the spot around 7:30. I usually drop two rigs when the conditions are right but today I had serious Charlie-Foxtrot of a tangle. Luckily it was on my last drop. Pic doesn't do the tangle justice
>>
> >
>>
Had my limit of some Reds and a couple kicker Coppers at 8:45. I headed over to the stretch between Balboa and the entrance. Made a few drifts por nada and called it a morning at 10:30. At home, cleaned up and made it to a friend’s pool party by 1pm. I effing’ love So Cal

>>