View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #26
FISH11

Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4, any trim model you care for. New would be great because they are improved all the time. I you are looking on a bugget looked used. I have had several and currently drive a 1999 limited 4x4 with a 2" lift, larger tires etc, etc. Of all the cars, vans, trucks I have owned it is the best vehicle all around. They drive more like a car (sweet ride and sports car handling) goes everywhere and I don't have to get out and engage anything. When I get to snow or sand, fishing or hunting, all I do is just keep driving. It does not have that rough truck ride all large or Japanese trucks do. Parts are a lot less expensive and it is easier to find someone that can work on then if you need. It has 202,000 miles and runs like new. Buy American. I work at a Japanese car dealer and used to work on the cars and trucks, they are not as trouble free as people like to think and parts and labor are expensive. So if you don't work on the vehicle your self it going to cost. My jeep has carried anything I ever carried on trucks I owned and it's a great tow vehicle. I personaly would choose the V8 engine because of the extra power and only about 1 to 1 1/2 miles per gallon less in milage. The V8 engine does not have to work as hard and that means keeping the RPM down saves fuel. If available get the later model that has a Hemi. Best all around vehicle. Can't beat heated leather seats, 4X4, AC climate control, etc. etc.